CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Jan 9, 2009

Home... is it a place or a feeling???

I don't mean the spiritual home with God, I found that the other day and am very content, but I'm talking the earthly home where we spend our time waiting to make it to God....

Yesterday I went and looked at some land, it was honestly as close to heaven on earth as I've seen in a long time. It had an easy, warm, embracing kind of feel. I could see myself there, even when I'm old. It could be “home”. But was it the land that made me feel like home or the daydream I was having while I was there... the house, 2 people sitting on the patio enjoying the sounds of nature, friends and family over for a BBQ, the holidays with sounds of our children and then grandchildren laughing and telling us of their adventures in the woods all around, the little treasures I know Rachel will be bringing me that she's collected on a journey...Was it the love I could feel in my soul when thinking about all that?

If home is the love that made up my daydream then it could be anywhere, right? It could be in Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, or BFE...
But yet it's just natural to say “_____ just doesn't feel like home” or “I don't know if I could call ____ home”... we then put the place we are as home, and not who we are with or the people around us.

Can home be a combination of both?

Can the physical place you live be home because of roots and a comfortable zone because you know it? Can the one you love accept that place even if it's different that their physical home (roots and comfort zone)?

Should people stop looking in the physical home, after all things can be destroyed and lost, and focus on the home of their souls and daydreams... will finding the “daydream” home make any physical place home no matter what????

Yesterday I was convinced the land was home, no questions asked, but when faced with the fact that physical home might not have the person in it that was in my daydreams it stopped feeling as much like “home”. Now that has me so confused.....

Where is my home???? When will I finally be there????

0 comments: